Friday, March 27, 2009

A bedtime conversation, from Erin.

Yeah, not "with Erin"...more like "from Erin." Because I don't think I got more than a "hmmm?" or "uh huh" in there.

"Mom, know what I'm afraid of? Midnight. 'Cause at midnight the bats come out. But they're far away, right? And they don't want to fly out of their caves far away to California. 'Cause they like their home. I don't like caves. Because they have bats in them. Know why else I don't like caves? They're dark. Know what else I'm afraid of? Dinosaurs. But the dinosaurs are dead, right? They were very grand [old, as in 'grandparent' lol] and then they got dead. Mom, great-grandma is going to die, right? [Ack. My grandma is definitely getting on in age, and rather frail-looking, but certainly not on death's door.] Yeah, she's totally going to die because she's so old. Mom, you know what I thought 100 was like? I thought it was humongous and stretchy. But it's not. I totally thought wrong about that one, right?! Mom, the dinosaurs are all bones, right? Their skin leaked away and now they're all bones. Mom, I want to go to the dinosaur place and see the dead dinosaurs. Do you want to go? What would you do? You'd take pictures, right? Lots of pictures? 'Cause I would want to put them in bags and give them to my friends. Mom, when great-grandma dies, will she be bones? She will, right? 'Cause her skin is going to leak away and then she'll just be bones. Mom, when I die, will I be bones? Will you take a picture?"

And that about did it for THAT bedtime talk.

No comments: