Saturday, November 15, 2008

My daughter, the freak.

At 11:30 tonight, as I was trying to get Erin in bed (she naps, needlessly, at pre-K for 2 hours each day, and then doesn't go to sleep till very late), she decided she HAD to have a snack. For the fourth night in a row, she begged for a can of peas. And since for the last 3 nights I've been too lazy to go open the can and sent her away to find something different, I caved this time. I put a few peas on a plate, handed it to her, and let her go to town.

She acted like I'd given her a winning lottery ticket. "Mommy....I love you." "Mommy...you're so nice." "Mommy...I love you lots and lots." And every time I turned around, there she was, sneaking more peas out of the can and onto her plate. I was actually sneaking Halloween candy out of her pumpkin at the same time as she was sneaking the peas...and was caught doing so...and she STILL just wanted the peas.

Freak.

One of these days, I'm going to post something that's not an Erin story. I do remember I have two other kids, I promise. It's just...she's so darn cute. And the boys are currently rather darn forgetful, and instead of lovingly hugging me while eating vegetables, they're leaving the house without their backpacks in the morning, prompting me (yeah, I didn't notice either--what can I say, we all have ADD) to guiltily drive back home, get them, drive around the block three times looking for a parking space, park, run into school, hunt them down on the playground, hand them their backpacks, dash back to the car, and arrive at work right smack when the bell was ringing so I wound up with no prep time whatsoever before the kids lined up.

But I promise, as soon as I get a hug or an eaten vegetable or something remotely pleasant out of one of them, I'll write about it. ;)

No comments: